Friday, November 25, 2005

Trying to Cancel PeoplePC Account

Anyone else out there had a problem canceling an account with PeoplePC??

I am going through a Nightmare...

My husband died the first of the year. I sat down with all my accounts and tried to decide where I could save a penny. PeoplePC is only $10.95/month - but $131.40/year is a help when money is tight and I didn't need it, so I picked up the telephone as per their instructions for cancelling...

Very nice man answered. He was little 'hard-sell' but appeared to be professional and caring. Talked me into suspending the account for a couple of months to see 'how things were going to go'. Unfortunately, I did not write down who I talked to.

3 months later, the charge is on my credit card bill again. I let it go a month, then called to cancel. Unfortunately, I did not write down who I talked to again.

So I called this morning - my first day off from a new job - the first chance I've had to call. Spoke to 'Frankie' who told me I would have to call back next week as my account was in 'transition' and he could not access it. Seems they are updating their billing software. I told him that I was on a new job and only had today off as the office was closed for the holiday. I would not get a chance to call back next week. He advised me to 'just keep trying' then. I asked for his supervisor. 'Kathie' picked up the telephone and advised me that 'Frankie' was absolutely correct. Nothing could be done but that I must call back next week. I asked if they could not make a bring-up and address it after their 'transition' was over - as the transition was certainly nothing to do with me or my schedule. She advised that it was to do with me as it involved my account. I asked for her supervisor and 'Gabrielle' picked up the telephone after another wait.

Now, Frankie and Kathy were civil and polite. They were simply not into customer service. Gabrielle was another breed of cat. Supercilious, arrogant, and ready to put me in my place immediately. I was not to get a word in edgewise as she talked (no, yelled) over me. She advised me that if next week was inconvenient for me then I could just call at my convenience, but that billing would continue until I made a proper telephone call at a time when they could reasonably access my records.

Who else has had a problem with these people? I'm considering this a breach of contract as the agreement was that I could call to cancel service at any time that I needed to cancel.

Any suggestions?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home