Saturday, June 11, 2005

Learning: CSS for Example

I do love to learn - but am oldschool enough that it is a separate process for me. I separate that from work. In fact, my whole life is compartmentalized: family, home, work, education. I notice that the newer generations are more integrated in their life-style.

Working on the Internet has been wonderful, but has presented some problems for me. I am leaning CSS - I swear I am!! :) In the meantime, a friend has taken a website I am working on and added CSS for me. It has solved many of my load problems (this site has many photos and graphics of products).

The client wanted to change the background color. I am not going to bother my friend for that - so I stop what I'm doing and research - Hey - This looks easy. I change the bg color on the CSS sheet - cross my fingers and "Voila!"

Thursday, I was ready to add the order form - We are almost ready to go. I used the script that I normally use to make it printer friendly - and Boingoiinngoiiinnnnggggggg. Seems we have a conflict. A little research and a posting to my FP List (a wonderful site, wonderful people, BTW http://groups.yahoo.com/group/frontpage/ ) and that problem is solved.

Now - as usual, I know a lot more about CSS than I want to at this point. Learning in this manner leaves me with holes in my knowledge. I feel insecure with the base. What else can you do on the 'net tho? I am already enrolled in a wonderful - but demanding - class on SWISHmax - for animation. Even if I had the time for more classes, which I don't as I also have to earn a living, I feel that I can't ever learn it all...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home