The Town of West Union, West Virginia
County Seat of Doddridge County
Incorporated July 20, 1881
125 years - and COUNTING!!!
The Party ~ July 22, 2006
~ “Lions and Tigers and Bears - OH MY!!!!!!!”Hear Ye! Hear Ye!
July 22nd, from 8 to 8 ~ This little Town is going to CELEBRATE!!
On the 22nd of July - We are going to close off Main Street and PARTY –Pony Rides, Bands, Entertainment ~
Stock up early for your Christmas presents - there will be local crafts, arts, honey, jams, quilts, purses, carvings, cheeses, paintings, pottery, marbles, famous WV blown glassware, jewelry, chainsaw carvings and demonstrations, candles ~ Also fresh produce at our Farmer’s MarketCommemorative items will be available:
· Limited Edition Commemorative Coins
· Framed West Union Historical Photo Reproductions
· DVD’s and CD’s of the Town and County History
· Ephraim Bee Postage Stamps and Lapel Pins
· Books, Books, Books
Grab a Hot Dog and a SnoCone, order a picnic lunch - or eat at one of our Fine Restaurants ~Major Attractions:
· Walking Tour of West Union’s Stately Historic Section, including the Doddridge County Historical Museum, the Doddridge County Courthouse, the Stuart Mansion, The old Opera House, the Wall of Honor, and the Stagecoach stop
· Be guided by our costumed docents or choose the Self-Guided Tour
· Commemorative Amateur "Ham" radio station WU8WV will be on the air issuing a special QSL card and certificate of contact during the event.
· Guiness Book of Records registered attempt to establish a new World’s Record for the Largest Family Tree Chart
· Ride a horse-drawn wagon down our RailTrail (Or by bicycle or Shuttle-bus) (Smithburg Depot Museum will also be open for this special day and Parking and shuttle-bus service will be provided at Pennsboro and North Bend Park as well)
· Meet the Ghost of Ephraim Bee
· Watch the Civil War Re-Enactors
· Keep an eye peeled for celebrities - Many of our Native Sons / Daughters are coming back...
· As evening draws near, join our marshmallow roast and sing-along
Come-as-you-are or come in costume and enter our contest ~West Union, WV ~ We love our history - that's why we're still making it!